Design Olle Lundberg
Skipper is the winning luminaire in a product development project that involved all of ateljé Lyktan’s employees and selected designers.
Together with his team, Olle Lundberg created a luminaire series with a wide selection of optimized light patterns able to illuminate every conceivable type of surface with high quality, energy efficient light in an appealing, visually ergonomic way.
The lit, translucent opal centre section provides soft, diffuse light that highlights the luminaire and lends it character. At the same time, the visual ergonomics of the entire luminaire are improved by reducing the risk of dazzle and the perceived intensity of the downlight.
Skipper is available as wall- and pole. The pole luminaire is suitable for roads, footpaths and car parks.
Footpath. Åhus, Sweden.
The luminaire housing is made of lacquered cast aluminium, the middle part (the shade) in opal acrylic. On request the middle part can be illuminated with colour filters for different lighting experiences.
The middle part can be supplemented with a colour filter for different lighting experiences.
Olle Lundberg has over 25 years of experience in delivering high-end design solutions rooted in the traditions of Scandinavian design. The objective of his studio Lundberg Design is to deliver strategic, visionary design solutions. Lundberg thinks the success of a product is based on the ability to mediate between consumer insights, technology, art and science.
Over the years Lundbergdesign has received several international design awards such as the RedDot and IF awards.
1) Asymmetric light pattern with street lighting optics.
2) Symmetrical and elliptical light pattern:
Luminaire housing in cast aluminium. Connection to pole in aluminium. Shade in opal acrylic.
The luminaire housing is installed on an arm for mounting on a 60 mm pole or a wall.
The luminaire is supplied with 0.5 m 5x1.5 mm2 rubber cable and a 5-pin quick connector.
Aluminium grey textured RAL9006, Anthracite grey textured RAL9023, Black textured RAL9005.
1) Available with two different light modules. Light module LM2 for roads and footpaths. LM3 for wider roads and car parks.
2) Symmetric, elliptical light pattern and a symmetric circular light pattern.
1) Supplied with toughened glass.
2) Skipper with the symmetric, elliptical light pattern is supplied with toughened glass and a frosted film. Skipper with the symmetric, circular light pattern is supplied with a circular acrylic prism.
1) LED module fitted with Lumiled Luxeon Tx, colour temperature 3000K or 4000K. Fitted with LEDIL lenses for street lighting. Colour rendering CRI min 80. Chromaticity tolerance max. 3 SDCM. Rated lifetime: L90 60 000h.
2) Fitted with LED module equipped with Lumiled Luxeon A, colour temperature 3000K or 4000K. Colour rendering CRI min 80. Chromaticity tolerance max. 3 SDCM. Rated lifetime: L90 50 000h.
Projected wind area 0.095 m2. Single arm: 0.7 kg. Double arms: 1.2 kg. Arm ordered separately. Pole not included. Night dimming available on request.
1) Weight 12.2 kg.
2) Weight 9.2 kg.
Get in touch
Are you interested in Skipper for your project? Don ́t hesitate to reach out and we will get back to you swiftly.
For the latest news, stories and inspiration.